CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Review: SOHUM Creme de la Creme ! (all d way from Aussie :) )

My eldest sister just got back from Australia. Well, yes, she did tasted kangaroo steak, had the best crocodile burger (guLp), and ofcoz....since this is a beauty review.... she got me a jar or SOHUM Body Creme ! I love you Che Che ! Not only it was nicely packed when presented to me, the jar of cream itself looked so Posh & Feminine, I felt reluctant to use it.Sadly, SOHUM is not available in Malaysia, at least that's what I know from my research....via, AHem, Google :P !!







Just in case you're interested to know more bout the products, kindly go here. It has the complete range of products....all looks equally tempting for me, but unfortunately, I'm unable to judge if the smell is good. For instance, Pink Frangipani, Cranberry Plum & Cassis and Apple Fig and Vanilla. Goodness, even the name itself sounds tempting enough ! Only if I was there...... *dreams away*


Review Time !
The cream comes in a screw off jar, not a bad idea, but somehow, as I've always emphasized in my previous posts, I do not like the idea of double-dipping for hygiene reasons. Initially, I THOUGHT that this cream would be oily, leaving a layer of 'uncomfortable-feeling' emolient on my skin. There's an old saying that goes "Time tells the truth". Well, true enough for this case. After a while, the rich creme was absorbed or rather disappears leaving my skin feeling really plush and moisturised ! I mean, seriously, the only time that I feel my skin 'naked' after applying lotion/cream is when I use hotel lotions ! Which does not make any difference to the moisture level on my skin. In this case, I know it's different. The range that my sister got for me was Peony Roses. I have no idea how Peony smells like, but from what I know, Peony is actually another species of Roses (so are strawberries!) It looks something like this.....
A pink peony flower up-close.



A bouqent of peonies elegantly arranged in a pale pink swirl vase....

Note: If you're interested to educate yourself more about this interesting flower, go here. Quick quick quick! Gah, I can't believe how I Google and Wikepedia everything ~ What to do, born like that ma

So, how does the body cream smells like ?
Hmmm....tough question, it's not to easy to find a classification of a peony scent. However, the main note is rather floral, light..... pretty much suitable for the spring season. It reminds me being in a garden full of fragrant blossoming flowers. The smell lingers for a while, but is not over-powering nor does it intimidates the people around you. Personally, I find the scent unique as it is unlike other mass produced scents, it smells natural.



Would I repurchase this again ?
Surprisingly, No. As it comes in a 250mL jar, I think it would last me for some time. Plus, I've always been that kinda person whom likes to try a bit of everything. However, if I ever had the chance to stumble upon SOHUM, I would be more than pleased to try its other range or products (eg: bath salt, perfume, soap). Definitely !


Ingredients:
Love, Purified water (aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Peg-100 Stearate, Glycerin, Sesamium Indicium (sesame) oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea butter), Theobroma Cacao (cocoa) seed butter, Cyclomethicone, Persea Gratissima (Avacado) oil, Rosa Eglanteria (Rosehip) seed oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheatgerm) oil, Triethanolamine, Carbimer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (parfum), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Love.


0 comments: