CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009


I'm always that kinda girl whom would give my body a treat once in a while.... From soaking in the bath tub to going for a jacuzzi has always been a relaxing experience for me. And I believe everyone deserves to pamper themselves once in a while. However, you do not have to spend a fortune going to spas or massage centres. In this post, I would like to share my ALL TIME FAVOURITE body scrub which would leave you rejuvenated and calm ! *almost feels like going for spa*


  • Light up some candles
  • Put on some relaxing songs
  • *follow the steps of exfoliating below
  • Lastly, soak yourself in a tub of warm water and a few drops of your favourite essential oil.

Unlike ordinary body scrubs, I combined TWO types of scrubs together to exfoliate my skin.


Body Scrub #1 : St Ives Apricot Scrub (170g)
Body Scrub #2: Body Shop African Salt Scrub (350ml)

Scrub #1 can be easily found in anywhere in Watsons, Guardian or your local pharmacy. I don't quite remember when I started using it, but it is one of the scrubs that MY entire family loves. My mom has been using this scrub for years, and so is my dad whom has pretty sensitive skin. Plus it really does not cost a bomb (Currently retailing for approximately RM 20 ).

The one I'm using comes from in a tube, and is meant for Blemish & Blackhead Control, because I find the granules too rough on my facial skin, I subsituted it as a body scrub instead.
I find the one that comes in a tube more user-friendly. (I'm aware that St Ives has another edition that comes in a jar, but I have not had the opportunity to compare which is more value for money).

To Use: Squeeze approximately 5cm of Srub #1 on your palm and mix it with approximately 2 teaspoons of Srub #2.

(Note: The amount of the scrubs above can be altered accordingly to one's preference)



SO, Why Did I Decided to Mix These Two Scrubs Together ?
Reason being, I find that while Scrub #1 has rough apricot kernels that effectively exfoliates your skin, BUT it does not produce the moisturising effect that Scrub #2 does !

In contrary, because Scrub #2 has Shea Butter and Beeswax, where both are important moisturizing ingredients. I felt that my skin was more moisturised and softer after exfoliating. This product claims to be an 'Enlivening Body Scrub With Softening Shea Butter" which DID live up to its claims and the granules found in it are actually Sea Salt. However, the granules of salt melts pretty fast as your hand move in circular motions. Therefore, I would honestly give credits for its moisturising properties, but I must say that I'm rather dissapointed because I feel that it does not remove my dead cells effectively. It also comes with a lovely scent, one that reminds me of the cool sea breeze, soothing but NOT overwhileming, and the scent lingers even after that. But, I'm not too sure if those whom does not fancy perfumed products will like it or not.

In all, this combination of the two body scrubs came to me as accidental, I happen to have the both of these two scrubs the same time. But, really, it has been my 'beauty recipie' for years, and I always use them for events such as before a wedding, party or before a romantic dinner:P

But ofcourse, Scrub #2 was pretty expensive. If I'm not mistaken it was more than RM100,but I can't quite remember. That is probably another disadvantage (besides the fact that it does not exfoliate properly).

0 comments: